Real Madrid Academy
Real Madrid Foundation works to raise the awareness of students and members of sports and social services in schools and clubs. More than 50,000 members in 358 clubs and schools in more then 70 countries in the world have benefited from the Real Madrid Foundation’s services.
Real Madrid Academy
Real Madrid Academy in Riyadh Schools is an independent sports facility that is specialized in training and developing the talents of the young at an early stage according to the up-to-date educational and training techniques that are based on the strategies and programs adopted by Real Madrid Foundation and the culture and values of the Saudi society.
The Philosophy of the Academy
The Philosophy of the Academy is based on the theories of the integrated growth of students and the possibility of integrating positive social values and practices in physical education. This is because sports are not an end themselves; rather they are a means to develop capabilities, acquire social skills, deal with others in a respectful way, balance between the needs of the person and that of the team, and turn sports fanaticism to teams into a keen interest in good play and commitment to team spirit during watching or participating in sports competitions.
The Goals of the Academy
The general goal of the Academy is to turn sports games into a tool of planting positive values in students, making students acquire healthy life styles, and helping parents provide their children with integrated education and bringing up. The detailed goals of the Academy are as follows:
• Discovering talents in all games at an early stage.
• Providing a safe educational environment that motivates students and parents to take part in activities of the Academy.
• Spreading the sports spirits and the culture of collective performance among students.
• Raising the health, cultural and social awareness among students.
The Targeted Group
Male and female students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia between 6-17 years old.
The Work Domains of the Academy
The work domains of Real Madrid Academy in Riyadh Schools are various and include the following:
• Making programs and preparing cultural, social, healthy and sports activities that suit the capabilities, wishes and preferences of member students.
• Preparing active curricula that achieve the targets of the Academy in all activities and programs offered by the Academy.
• Training teachers and coaches to be able to instill active healthy practices and positive values in students and help students engage in collective play and acquire respect for the team.
• Engaging students with special needs in social games in order to enable them to lead active social life styles that boost their confidence and make them feel that they are active players in society.
• Raise the awareness and boost voluntary work practices in the field of management of sports championships whose revenues are dedicated to development and to support poor people.
Conditions to Join the Academy
• The age of the student should be between 6 - 17 years old.
• Commitment to the instructions and regulations of behavior and violations of the Academy.
• Punctuality in attendance of programs and engagement in activities.
• Passing the medical test.
• Paying the fees.
Memberships in the Academy
The Academy offers three types of membership as follows:
Is granted after the approval of the Academy’s general supervisor.
Is acquired by a student for one renewable year after the approval of the Academy’s manager.
Is granted after the approval of the Academy’s general supervisor in return for annual fees.
Activities and Programs of the Academy
The Academy offers a number of services to member students in the Academy’s activities and programs, some of which are:
• Providing medical and educational care suitable for the student.
• A physician and a physiotherapy specialist will be available during training and competitions.
• Observing and following up the physical growth of students (height, weight, skills).
• Observing and following up the ethical and social growth of students (work within a team, respect for competitor, taking the initiative to serve the society).
• Reporting to parents every three months on the progress of their children.
• Providing transportation for students.
• Providing clothes and special preparations for training and competitions.
• Inviting parents on a regular base to visit the Academy to know about the programs and watch their children.
The Training Programs
The Academy offers a number of training programs that aim at integrating education with recreation and sport training; among them are:
• They Play, We Educate:
It is a program designed to train students to acquire sports skills in line with teaching them the special skills of dealing with and respecting the team, abiding by instructions and respecting rivals.
• Preparation of Football Coaches:
This program aims at training the participating students on the tactical and sport skills of football and teaching them rules of the game and the strategies to develop it.
• Preparation of Champs:
It is a specialized program to follow up the talented students in sports and enhance their skills to become champs in the games they are good at.